Lehenga: the Lore of Poise and Heritage
Lehenga has evolved over centuries before taking the shape of the contemporary ensemble- be it its stitching style, the embroidery, the fabrics like silk and brocade, etc. Eventually, the Lehenga became a royal attire during the Mughal era which today is a statement of fashion, woven by threads of tradition and elegance.
Finding the perfect embroidered lehenga for your special day can be an overwhelming task. With so many different styles, fabrics, and colors to choose from, it can be difficult to know where to start. However, with a little planning and research, you can find the perfect lehenga that will make you look and feel your best.
Here are a few tips to help you choose the perfect designer embroidered lehenga:
- Consider your budget. Embroidered lehengas can range in price from a few thousand rupees to lakhs of rupees, so it is important to set a budget before you start shopping. This will help you narrow down your choices and avoid overspending.
- Think about the occasion. Are you shopping for a bridal lehenga or a lehenga for another special occasion? If you are shopping for a bridal lehenga, you may want to choose a more traditional style with heavier embroidery and embellishments. If you are shopping for a lehenga for another special occasion, you may want to choose a more modern style with lighter embroidery.
- Choose the right fabric. The fabric of your lehenga is just as important as the embroidery. Popular fabrics for lehengas include silk, velvet, and brocade. These fabrics are luxurious and elegant and can be easily embellished with embroidery and embellishments. However, the fabric you choose should also be comfortable and lightweight so that you can move and dance freely during your event.
- Select the right style. There are many different styles of lehengas to choose from, such as A-line, fishtail, and flared. Each style has its unique characteristics and can accentuate different body types. Therefore, it is important to choose a style that flatters your body type and makes you feel comfortable and confident.
- Pay attention to the details. The embroidery on your lehenga should be neat and well done. Look for lehengas with intricate and elegant embroidery patterns. Also, consider the embellishments on your lehenga. Embellishments such as sequins, beads, and stones can add a touch of glamour to your lehenga. However, be careful not to overdo it, as too many embellishments can make your lehenga look heavy and over-the-top.
- Accessorize wisely. The right accessories can complete your lehenga look. Choose jewelry and shoes that complement the style and color of your lehenga.
The new collection by Nadima Saqib fulfills all the criteria on your checklist with its vivid range comprising of diverse hues, styles, and fabrics ranging from silk to tulle to georgette. The most bewitching feature of this collection is the intricate Chikankari embroidery hailing from the city of Nawabs that adorns your outfit with elegance and magnificent Indian craftsmanship.